Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This page highlights resources available at the Worcester Public Library (WPL). If WPL is not your home library please check with them for more information regarding access to the tools below. If your local library does not subscribe to a resource, you may still be able to access it through he WPL by obtaining a WPL card (as a student in Worcester, you (or your child) is eligible for a WPL library card).
Movies and Video
Text below excerpted from the WPL page: https://mywpl.org/?q=digital-downloads-0
Kanopy is a dedicated video streaming service featuring movies including independent and world cinema, documentaries, instructional films, TV series and many other genres. Over 30,000 films are available including selected content from prominent producers such as Criterion Collection, Great Courses, BBC and PBS.
- Videos can be viewed on a range of devices by downloading the appropriate app
- Watch on your TV with Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV or Roku
- Stream 2 titles per month with your Worcester Public Library card
- UNLIMITED streaming of Kanopy Kids! https://www.kanopy.com/kids
Hoopla, a Netflix-like service for library card holders, allows you to stream and temporarily download movies, music and TV shows, on demand and for free through the library. Content is always available without waitlists. No queues. No late fees. Instant access. Automatic returns.
- Access Hoopla through your web browser or download the app to your handheld device
- Limit : 4 items a month, resets 1st of the month
- Check out: ebooks - 21 days, Movies & TV: 3 days, Music: 7 days, Audiobooks: 21 days
- Learn how to use hoopla on your TV: Airplay, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Android, and Roku
(You need to create an account first by clicking on Sign Up.)
Boston Public Library (BPL)
Boston Public Library
The resources at the Boston Public Library (BPL) are accessible to all residents of Massachusetts. While many of us will not travel to the BPL physically it is important to note that they have a large selection of online materials including eBooks, electronic audio books, and electronic databases (scholarly and extracurricular) all available through the web. See information about obtaining an eCard here.
One resource of particular note:
NoveList Plus - Need help deciding on your next read? Check out NoveList! Fiction and nonfiction reading recommendations including reviews, articles, reading lists, and more.